We are looking for an experienced technical leader to join our Software Engineering team. You will be responsible for growing and directly managing a team of engineers working on the core product.
As an experienced technical leader, you’ll be tasked with building a team of crack developers to further develop a software product used by thousands of teachers and educators around the world, to teach to an audience of millions of students. You’ll have significant autonomy and the ability to directly influence the trajectory of the product and company as a whole.
Who You Are
- Experience growing an engineering team in an early- to mid-stage startup environment
- Desire to develop strong engineering processes and culture at a mission oriented company
- Past production experience as a software engineer and direct experience with the entire software development process
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and contributing directly when necessary
- 5+ years of software experience, preferably at a rapid-growth startup
- Prior experience managing a team required
- Strong foundational knowledge of modern languages and frameworks, as well as software development practices (CI, CD, TDD, git, agile methodologies, XP, etc)
We are an instructor-focused online course platform which lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M, and we have grown 5x in the past year with a 7-figure run rate. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
You will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office west of Union Square, with great benefits and perks.You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Discretionary vacation & time off; competitive parental leave
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Employee 401(k) after 3 months of service
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office near Union Square, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Gym or wellness match benefit
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Employee discounts