Bellhop is the first global all-in-one app, or "Kayak for transportation, food, and entertainment services", bringing together the best apps into ONE without needing any other app on your phone.
Bellhop partners with best in-class apps, transacts through their APIs, and takes a commission on transactions. Services include on-demand and pre-booked rides, food delivery and reservations, and tours, activities, shows and events.
Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We're seeking a talented, creative and passionate engineering leader to join our all-star team.
We are looking for a tech lead / senior scala software engineer to help with the current platform and mobile app products, but grow with the company and evolve the platform as needed. Your responsibilities will be a mix of hands-on scala development and managing the overall architecture from planning to dev sprints with our Warsaw, Poland based API and mobile dev teams. You will ideally be experienced in some or all of the following:
- REST API development design
- Mobile development
- Continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Docker based deployments
- 3rd party API integrations
- Payment and accounting systems development and design
- Scala and Typesafe/Lightbend stack - or another functional programming language (Haskell, Clojure, OCaml)
- React Native for iOS and Android, or any mobile programming languages (native or otherwise)
- Managing teams, locally and/or remote
- Agile software development methodologies (scrum, kanban, etc)
- Comfort or ability to navigate changing requirements as short iterations and feedback cycles demand
- Desire to build core products that will directly impact go-to-market and ultimately the success of the business
To see more Scala Developer Jobs click here