At Tapad, we look for individuals who see complex and difficult work as a challenge. We want to work with people who share interesting solutions to those challenges; solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
We are currently looking for a Senior Scala Developer to bring their individual approach to our collaborative process. We need a person who can, on any given day, code on their own, provide technical leadership over major projects, and work with others in and outside of their team. We believe our Senior Scala Engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful Tapad engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly.
We face daily unique and engaging challenges while processing over 30 Petabytes in a 60 day time frame—that’s over one trillion data points!
The size and scale of our challenges demand our use of cutting edge open-source technologies like Scala, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, and we’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one. We want someone who is motivated to find large scale solutions with us. Tapad employees work with big data in a small team, where every contribution matters.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, up to six months primary paid maternity/paternity leave, and unlimited PTO. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free breakfast every Monday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every day. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies We Use:
- Scala, SBT, Play!, Akka
- Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Hadoop, Scalding, Spark
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigTable, BigQuery
- Serve as a technical lead when required across platforms within Tapad
- Drive technical scala projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Work cross-functionally across teams to ensure we’re building the best products
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or closely related degree.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience.
- Hands on programming capabilities in Scala, Java, or other modern programming language
- Experience with large-data processing, caching, parallel processing, and complex event processing.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge and experience
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers and gaining their respect.
Perks & Benefits
The perks listed below may seem like the extras that make working here easier, but they are more than that. They are part of our mission to create a healthy, happy, world-class working environment. Here is a sampling of what you'll experience:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Unlimited snacks, free breakfasts
- Quarterly wellness events
- Coffee every way you want it
- Growth opportunities with the Tapad talent mobility program
- Up to 6-months paid parental leave
We are in tireless pursuit of deeper, more meaningful connections with consumers—bringing them closer to the brands they love. We strive for equal parts collaboration and autonomy, keeping ideas flowing and decision-making nimble. It’s not just talk. Around here, it’s part of our culture.
We encourage growth through hackathons and industry events, such as Scala Days, Spark Summit, Scala by the Bay, Scala Exchange and JavaZone.
TIME TO REBOOT
Our company-sponsored events are pretty epic. But the number of colleagues who hang after hours just for the fun of it? That speaks volumes.
Work here and you’ll find a diversity of bold ideas coming from big thinkers and prolific producers.
To see more Scala Developer Jobs click here