Tapad is home to the team that cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology. Our groundbreaking, proprietary tech assimilates billions of data points to find the human relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, connected TVs and game consoles. With 91.2% data accuracy confirmed by Nielsen, Tapad offers the largest in-market opportunity for marketers and technologies to address the ever-evolving reality of media consumption across devices.
At Tapad, we look for individuals who see complex and difficult work as a challenge. We want to work with people who share interesting solutions to those challenges; solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise. We are currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for our New York office.
We face daily unique and engaging challenges while processing over thirty Petabytes in a sixty-day time frame. Tapad operates on a culture of collaboration, and every employee—from intern to administrator—has a place at the table. Simply put, we are looking for talented engineers with wide experience to come build amazing things with us. We’re a highly collaborative team of creative thinkers and problem solvers dedicated to crafting simple, flexible solutions to complex, rigid problems. Our Site Reliability Engineers can work across disciplines and work collaboratively with software development teams. Our ideal candidate can, on any given day, focus on automation, scripting and tooling, application monitoring, and support development while aiming for a 50% operational and 50% improvement balance. A Tapad Site Reliability Engineer designs solutions, implements them, and keeps our cloud, systems, and network running.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a generous Pension Plan along with Comprehensive Occupational, Health and Travel Insurance plan, and a mobile phone stipend. We offer generous Paid Time Off and believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We enjoy each other's company and love to develop a sense of community so we host meetups, share knowledge and have regular team outings. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies We Use:
- Scala, SBT, Play!, Akka
- Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Hadoop, Scalding, Spark
- Kubernetes, BigTable, BigQuery
- 3 or more years in a cloud / DevOps role with scripting/automation experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Shell, Python scripting abilities; exposure to the Java/Scala ecosystem a plus
- Experience with common AWS/GCP infrastructure services, designs, and toolchains
- Experience automating infrastructure in an AWS or GCP environment
- Experience with Hadoop/EMR/Cloud Dataproc a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify, isolate, and correct issues end to end
- Even better preventative skills with the desire to continuously build and develop solutions for greater reliability, performance, and supportability
- Familiarity with technologies such as the following; Linux, Bash/Python/Go, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Marathon, Mesos, S3, GCS, etc
- Familiarity with monitoring, logging, and metrics in a highly dynamic and scaled environment
- Interest in development practices such as source code control, continuous integration/deployment, service discovery, container orchestration and configuration management, especially with respect to how they can be applied to infrastructure
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with partial company match
- Company sports leagues (Soccer, Softball, League of Legends, Running)
- 6 Months paid primary parental leave
- Unlimited snacks and beverages, breakfasts and happy hours
- Dog friendly office