We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
Today, the Apple Online Store provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries world-wide.
At the Apple Online Store (AOS), its Engineering team is responsible for the global eCommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. We are a team highly skilled Software Engineering Managers, Engineers, Analysts and Project Managers based in Cupertino, London and Singapore.
The AOS team in London is looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Lead with a proven track record of delivering complex and highly scalable software applications. You will possess a deep passion for software engineering and mentoring Software Engineers. You will drive all aspects of software development from evaluating new technologies, building proof-of-concepts, design and analysis, development, automated testing, code reviews and whilst leading a team of Engineers.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and deploying high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed mission critical applications is required
- Significant years of experience building large scale, consumer facing web or e-Commerce applications
- A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms is required
- Significant years of experience with Java 8 / Service Oriented Architectures
- Relational or NoSQL database experience and demonstrated abilities in data modeling are required
- Comfortable with source version control software (e.g. Git)
- Exposure to Reactive programming frameworks such as Play and Akka a bonus
- Technical team leading experience
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams a plus
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. The ideal candidate should have significant years of experience in delivering advanced solutions on multi-tier, distributed web applications. You will drive documentation of technical design and architecture, writing code and help mentor less experienced software engineers on the team. The selected candidate will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills, and the ability to influence others.
Bachelors or Masters in a Computer Science or related Engineering field.
Travel to the United States may be required once a year.