Tapad is home to the team that cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology. Our groundbreaking, proprietary tech assimilates billions of data points to find the human relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, connected TVs and game consoles. With 91.2% data accuracy confirmed by Nielsen, Tapad offers the largest in-market opportunity for marketers and technologies to address the ever-evolving reality of media consumption across devices.
At Tapad, we look for individuals who seek complex and difficult work as a challenge. We want to work with people who share interesting solutions to those challenges; solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to bring their individual approach to our new global engineering center in Oslo. We need a person who can work hands-on as a programmer to solve complex problems and to build advanced software systems. We face daily unique and engaging challenges while processing over 30 Petabytes in any 60-day time frame—that’s over one trillion data points. The size and scale of our challenges demand our use of cutting edge open-source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, and we’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one. Tapad operates on a culture of collaboration, so our Senior Engineers work regularly with the Business and Engineering teams to guarantee we are delivering the best products. We believe our Senior Engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful Tapad engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly. We want someone who is motivated to find large scale solutions with us. Tapad employees work with big data in a small team, where every contribution matters.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a generous Pension Plan along with Comprehensive Occupational, Health and Travel Insurance plan, and a mobile phone stipend. We offer generous Paid Time Off and believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We enjoy each other's company and love to develop a sense of community so we host meetups, share knowledge and have regular team outings. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies We Use:
- Scala, SBT, Play!, Akka
- Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Hadoop, Scalding, Spark
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigTable, BigQuery
- Work hands-on as a programmer to solve complex problems building advanced software systems processing several petabytes of data
- Lead by example utilizing software engineering best practices
- Work cross-functionally with the Business and Engineering teams to ensure collaboration on delivering the best products
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or other relevant degrees
- 8+ years of substantial experience making significant contributions by architecting, designing, engineering quality software.
- Strong understanding of concurrent and parallel programming
- Vast knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of one or more programming languages (Ex: Scala, Java, Python, C++ etc.)
- Experience working with high scale systems
- Knowledge of RESTful Web services
- Highly productive with familiarity of nix scripting and tools
- Passionate about agile/lean/simple
- Experience programming for JVM is a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with partial company match
- Company sports leagues (Soccer, Softball, League of Legends, Running)
- 6 Months paid primary parental leave
- Unlimited snacks and beverages, breakfasts and happy hours
- Dog friendly office