letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users, letgo’s already been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We're looking for a Senior BackEnd Engineer to be a part of our Tech team! If you love creating great software, enjoy challenges and want to be a part of a quickly growing international project, this role is for you.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Design and implement new features (both in existing and new micro services).
- Improve systems’ performance and scalability.
- Support the above with tests. Testing is included in our definition of done.
- Deliver value to our users. Deploying is also included in our definition of done.
- Triage, diagnose and solve problems in our services used by millions of users.
To get there, you´ll need:
- 5+ years developing in PHP.
- Experience with high-traffic distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of best practices (we love SOLID!).
- Testing culture.
- Have dealt with performance issues.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with caching systems.
- Experience using GIT.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (we use Scrum and Kanban).
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills. We work together as a team.
- We expect proactivity to find and solve problems in our product.
- Don't fall in love with your code. We love to iterate and change things.
- You care about both developing good quality software and delivering value to our users as fast as possible.
- Sense of humor.
Nice to have:
- Experience with search engines (we use Solr and ElasticSearch).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Java or Scala.
- Experience with systems administration (GNU/Linux).
- Excellent trolling skills.
- Generous benefits package
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office along the beach in Barcelona
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses