letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 30 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We're looking for a passionate DevOps Developer to join our brilliant and fun team in Barcelona! If you love dynamic start-up environments and want to be a part of a quickly growing international project, this role is for you.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler: We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
Your mission is to lead on operational matters within a squad and completing patching and security tickets, also ensuring the squad has good visibility of their estate.
To get there, you'll need:
- At least 5 years of work experience in the systems area, preferably in web systems (Linux only)
- Previous experience leading on operational matters within a squad and completing patching and security tickets, also ensuring the squad has good visibility of their estate
- Excellent communicator and problem solver who can work closely with developers, testers, and operations
- Deploying and maintaining applications and platforms in public clouds like AWS with an extensive knowledge of EC2, EKS, ECS/ECR, Route53, Cloudfront, IAM, S3 buckets, CloudWatch, ELB/ALB, ASG, SQS, SNS, ElasticCache, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux installation, configuration, and administration
- Experience with TCP/IP protocols, mainly HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, RSYNC, SMTP, DNS, NFS
- Experience with Kubernetes and container technologies, such as Docker/Docker compose, Helm, K8s CNIs/CRDs, Cluster monitoring (Prometheus)
- Experience with the following Orchestration frameworks and technologies: Puppet, Hashicorp (Terraform, Vault, Packer, Consul)
- Advanced CDN skills in Akamai and CloudFront
- Experience working in high-traffic web environments
- Proactive and reactive security and stability skills
- Fluent English is a must
- Being available to be on call (rotational shift)
- Knowledgeable about configuring and managing web servers (Apache and Nginx)
- Experience with Scripting essentials: Bash, Python, Ruby, Go.
- Knowledgeable about monitoring tools: Sensu, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, Influxdb, etc.
- DevOps culture, interest in applying agility and maximizing efficiencies, as well as Continuous Improvement (knowledgeable about technologies like Jenkins Pipelines, etc)
- Experience with MySQL (Percona), MariaDB (Galera) or Postgres
- NoSQL Databases: Redis, SolrCloud, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses