We are looking for engineers to help us maintain and scale our Hadoop infrastructure. Our technology enables customers to measure the impact of digital marketing on sales and deliver messages to consumers on virtually any channel or device.
We run a large Hadoop cluster with thousands of physical servers, with more than 60,000 CPUs and raw HDFS capacity in excess of 70 PB. We are responsible for ensuring the availability and health of a cluster used to process billions of customer records on a daily basis.
You’ll be a member of our DevOps team and while you are focused on Hadoop, you will also have the chance to work on other infrastructure-related initiatives such as kubernetes, shared libraries and build pipelines. We’re looking for serious Hadoop expertise, but we also want you to get experience with many other cool technologies.
Leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
Our Infrastructure’s Team Creed
- Keep the Lights On for our existing infrastructure
- Automate the provisioning and operation of secure local and hosted infrastructure platforms for us
- Collaborate with engineering teams to construct and optimize the software build pipeline
- Help facilitate ownership of application infrastructure by Dev teams
- Function as stewards for shared data, services, tools, processes and libraries
- Reduce System Cost
Day in the Life of a Senior Engineer, Hadoop
- Treat infrastructure as code leveraging tools like Github, Jenkins, Chef, and Kubernetes
- Monitor and detect issues using tools like Datadog and Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana. If a problem occurs in production enough times, engineer a solution rather than manually fix it
- Follow your own muse and engineer whatever interests you in one of our four
Hackweeks every year
You are an ideal candidate if you
- Have 3+ years of DevOps-like work experience and have a passion for infrastructure and helping your fellow developer
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Have world-class debugging skills
- Have familiarity with Hadoop/HDFS/YARN architecture
- Have working knowledge of software build pipelines and tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc
- Treat infrastructure as code. Seeking someone with at least two languages of comfort,such as Ruby, Bash, Java, Python, Perl, or Go
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, ICMP, SSH, LDAP, DNS, and other low-level network things
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sporting leagues
More about us
We are the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To see more DevOps Engineer Jobs click here