Beeswax, named one of Business Insider’s “hottest pre-IPO startups” is hiring top engineering talent for it's growing New York office. Beeswax is a high scale, high availability advertising platform built by executives from Google and funded by leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group.
The Beeswax engineering team is a top-notch group with backgrounds from Google, Amazon, Oracle and other premier technical teams. Because advertising is extremely high scale (millions of transactions per second) and low latency, the opportunity to learn about web-scale distributed systems and hard scaling problems is a great advantage of our engineering culture and work.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to build and maintain the products that our customers rely on. We aim to offer the most extensible and transparent advertising system, servicing technology enabled clients and executing and processing billions of events every day.
Our products are built on a variety of technologies including C++, Java, Python and LEMP stack (PHP, MySQL, nginx), and while our engineers typically specialize in one area, they need to coordinate and integrate with a wide variety of systems, including homegrown and AWS-native services.
This position reports to the CTO, a long-time senior engineer from Google, who was instrumental in the expansion and scaling of Gmail, among other milestones.
- Code in a variety of languages, primarily C++ or Java
- Design and implement core back-end software for serving ads
- Building distributed systems leveraging the latest in cloud technology
- MS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of general software programming experience in Java, C/C++, Python, database design and SQL
- Large systems software design and development experience, with knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- PhD in Computer Science.
- Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms, AWS development experience.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills