We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
Today, the Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide.
At AOS, its Engineering team is responsible for the global eCommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. This is a great opportunity for talented Software Engineers with a proven track record of delivering complex software applications to focus on the design and development of the core services and fabric of an eCommerce system. The position will provide architecture, design, development and project management leadership across multiple projects.
- 8+ years experience as a Lead Engineer working on a core platform of an enterprise software platform or high transaction web application
- Proficient in (one or more): Java 8, Spring, Akka, Oracle
- Past experience in (one or more) NoSQL DB: Cassandra, CouchBase, MongoDB
- Thorough understanding of a ORM like Hibernate
- Thorough understanding RESTFUL services
- Strong analytic skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Expertise with highly scalable and reliable applications is a plus
- Experience with active-active applications is a plus
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following characteristics and experience:
- Expertise in the web technologies with proficiency in Java 8, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate and Oracle
- Deep knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns
- Strong familiarity of deploying large-scale J2EE applications is important
- Software development based on functional specification and technical design; adhere to development techniques and standards
- Conceive and document technical design for software in development; adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the software and appropriately leverage existing code
- Produce and review high-level and detailed technical Designs following Apple standards for a range of subject areas (e.g., requirements, data access strategy, business uses and usage)
- Keep up to date on new technologies and offer analysis of present or future benefit to Apple
- Facilitate design walkthroughs with IT and business staff to validate solutions against business requirements and IT architecture
- Independently analyse and resolve large, complex, high impact production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions
- Provide direction and mentorship to less experienced staff
- Leverage technology advances through tactical and strategic technology solutions, reference architectures, frameworks, and components
Bachelors or Masters in a Computer Science or related Engineering field.