At OpsLine, we’re excited about helping our customers build large technology stacks that power cool products. While we are passionate about the DevOps work we do for them, we don’t stop there. One of our engineers set up Grafana to report on the energy usage in his apartment.
We value non-hierarchical teamwork, allowing us to be efficient in a fast paced environment. We celebrate our progress with team lunches and happy hours where we might chat about the latest jiu jitsu techniques and vacation destinations. Our scrappy, convivial team is fueled daily by unlimited trail mix and coconut water.
If you’re looking for a healthy mix of flexibility and autonomy, perfectly paired with a friendly and motivated team, OpsLine is the place for you.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a growing business and engineering team so we try our best to be flexible and adapt to changing needs. There are always new problems to solve and we want the solutions we provide to benefit as many people as possible. We prefer face to face conversations, especially with our customers.
We meet once weekly to define priorities for the next five days, and every morning to reiterate goals for the day. We use Kanban and Trello boards to stay organized and transparent. The team meets regularly to reflect on how we work together and look for ways to change for the better.
- Build and transform infrastructure in the cloud.
- Provide guidance on security, reliability and scalability.
- Plan and implement solutions, upgrades, fixes to entire system environment.
- Tune and optimize performance through hardware and software changes.
- 5+ years of demonstrated proficiency in Linux engineering/administration.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl).
- Expertise in configuration management systems and deployment automation.
- Experience with AWS or other virtualization technologies.
- Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
- Experience supporting complex and highly trafficked production environments.
- Understanding of various monitoring tools and escalation patterns.
- Knowledge and experience with various data stores – SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related experience).
- Clear communication and documentation of procedures and projects.
- Experience managing system configurations with Puppet, Chef or CFEngine.
- Familiar with automated systems provisioning and deployments.
- Looking for a healthy mix of flexibility and autonomy with a friendly and motivated team.
- Don’t want to impact just one organization behind one product. Instead, you want a diverse portfolio of customers and teams to choose from.
- Like to get out of the office to meet face-to-face with customers and ask them about what they need.
- Like to get feedback fast and don’t wait long to show the team what you’ve been working on.
- Enjoy prototyping solutions and debating which is better.
- Happy to talk with the team about what you’ve implemented and why.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Healthcare / Dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days
- Brilliant people
- Competitive salaries
- Equity options
- Centrally located in NYC
- Annual company trips
- Wellness reimbursements
- Flexible schedules
- Top gear
- Friday Lunch
To see more DevOps Engineer Jobs click here