Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is changing the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and mission-driven. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed, meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting first media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel, creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads.
We can be the bridge. We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers.
Codecademy’s Platform Team is responsible for the infrastructure and operations to deliver our service to millions of users learning to code. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with the developers to build, maintain and manage a stable, scalable and secure infrastructure to ensure the availability of our platform for the production of content and delivery of our educational experience.
We are currently transitioning to a Service Oriented Architecture. Collaborate with us to expedite the development of supporting tools, and best practices, and new services.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement and support production infrastructure at scale in an AWS environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production
- Partner with software engineers to detect and mitigate future failures
- Support security initiatives; internal audit, hardening AWS accounts, user management, secret management, coordinating external audit
- Audit, augment, and maintain the developer experience, including local developer environment, continuous integration, and deployment workflow.
- Collaborate with software engineers to make architectural decisions to enable a scalable, stable and secure infrastructure
- Automate provisioning and configuration of production systems using Chef, Terraform and Docker
- Deploy and maintain monitoring and alerting resources
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience implementing and maintaining AWS services including EC2, Elasticache, Redshift, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, RDS
- Experience with ECS, SQS, SES, Route 53
- 3+ years of experience implementing and maintaining NoSQL and SQL databases
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with Go, Docker, Ruby on Rails, React, NodeJS
- Experience working closely with development teams
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Daily catered lunches with the team
- Paid vacation days & time off
- Private speaker series with leading internet figures
- Wellness reimbursement
- Professional development budget
- Citibike corporate membership
We're here to build something big. The world needs native education and we're going to build it. In a year and a half, we've reached millions of students, created thousands of new teachers, and changed the way the world thinks about code. We're excited by what we can do in ten years. And most importantly, we care about what we're doing.