We are looking for our first Data Engineer to drive analytics and insights across the company while building out data driven features and experiments. You’ll work across teams with Engineering, Product, and Growth to ensure we’re collecting and analyzing information across multiple aspects of the product.
We are an instructor-focused online course platform, which lets anyone monetize their expertise across a wide range of topics, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. We’ve had triple-digit YOY growth, and our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
You will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office just west of Union Square, with great benefits and perks.
You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Working cross-functionally you will have the autonomy and latitude to design and create projects that help inform and evolve the core product. As our Data Engineer, you will take ownership of our data management and be responsible for creating systems for data collection, analysis, and management. Alongside our Data Scientist and Data Analyst you will be a founding member of our Data Team and be integral to our data efforts. Our user base is expanding rapidly and you will be critical in helping us build scalable analytics to understand how each user interacts with our platform.
Who You Are
- 3+ Years of designing and implementing Data-centric applications
- Experience working with languages and technologies to deal with Data. Expert
knowledge of at least one of the following: Python, Java, Scala, SQL, Spark and/or Hadoop
- You’ve built and maintained Data Pipelines
- You are comfortable building business oriented Data Models
- You have extensive experience with Data Warehouses and related tools: Looker, Tableau, Redshift, or something similar
And you might also have
- Previously Worked in a Backend Engineering capacity
- Implemented data collection from scratch
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Discretionary vacation & time off; highly competitive parental leave
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits
- Employee 401(k) with match
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office near Union Square, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Gym / wellness match benefit
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Employee discounts
To see more Data Engineer Jobs click here