myrecovery is a digital platform for orthopaedic surgical recovery, founded by two UK surgeons, and backed by substantial venture capital. Patients get a mobile app that delivers them timed content specific to their hospital, surgeon and procedure. The app gathers clinical data (including surveys, exercise routine performance, device activity data) and our backend applies data science to deliver clinical insights to care teams.
We launched in 2016 and are now live with many of the leading orthopaedic surgeons in UK private ortho practice. In late summer 2017 we launched in the US, again with internationally-renowned surgeons.
Our dev team comprises fullstack developers, native mobile developers, a data scientist and a senior designer. We are smart about development processes and tools.
Our web infrastructure is hosted on AWS and comprises: a full data pipeline including mobile app analytics, patient results and activity data, extract/transform/load, and reporting; REST APIs for the app and integration partners a Patient Relationship Management frontend, including data dashboard frontends. We practice CI and CD using Docker and Ansible. We currently use Python / Django on the backend, and Vue.js for frontend. Our data pipeline manages sensitive patient information, with the associated data security implications.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to complement our existing fullstack developers and data scientist as follows.
The Data Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of the Data Warehouse (PostgreSQL), including schema design and ETLs (Python, Airflow)
- Ownership of the data reporting function, including:
- Ensuring the efficient running of all data reporting for the business, internally and to external partners/clients
- Choice of internal reporting tool (SAAS or hosted)
- Training/supporting junior Data Analyst resource
- Scoping and implementing Machine Learning pipeline, together with the Data Scientist
- Ensuring hygienic data at all stages of the pipeline
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of 6-8 developers
The following skills/experience are required:
- Degree in computer science, maths, or equivalent commercial experience
- At least 2 years experience of data engineering, including data warehouses and ETLs
- Strong knowledge of Python, including standard data libraries such as Numpy, Pandas
- Expert in SQL
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Experience developing with an ORM (ideally SQLAlchemy)
- Working with data scientists, especially within machine learning
- Familiarity using Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience using reporting tools
- Experience with Python backend frameworks (e.g. Django, Django REST Framework)
Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Bright, modern startup office near Gospel Oak, London
- Developer-spec hardware/software
To see more Data Engineer Jobs click here