letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 30 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team. You’ll work together with all departments (Product, Marketing, Product, Finance...) in order to build and maintain a scalable architecture to store and process massive volumes of data. You’re intimately familiar with the technical aspects of business intelligence work, but at the same time are able to think on a company-wide, strategic level.
No legacy systems or ancient database products here: we’re working with the latest technologies such as AWS (S3 and Redshift). And of course, you’ll have full say over the tools you want the company to use. letgo’s goal is to become the number 1 mobile classifieds company in the world, and your job is to make sure we’re making the smartest choices we can, backed by data at all times.
To get there, you'll need:
- 3+ years in a similar role, preferably at an internet/mobile company
- Experience working both with technical and analytical profiles
- Ideally, degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics or Computer Science
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, Data Modelling, Python and AWS (S3 and Redshift)
- Big data technologies is a plus: Kafka / Kinesis / RabbitMQ + Spark / Storm + Cassandra / HBase
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timeline
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to data mine across a large and varied business area or key priority for the company
- Fluent in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Very strong communicator, in writing and verbally
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses