letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 30 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
How we work:
- Discuss design with the team
- Pull Requests, Code reviews and team approvement
- Merge and deploy
- Design and implement new features in our existing codebase
- Improve the system performance and scalability
- Support the above with test. Testing is included in our definition of done
- Deliver value to our users. Deploy is included in our definition of done also
To get there, you´ll need:
- Experience with Scala or, at least, another JVM language (Java, Kotlin, Clojure...)
- Testing culture
- Experience with high traffic systems and distributed systems
- JVM knowledge
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
- Don't fall in love with your code. We love to change things
- Must show initiative, proactively finding and solving product problems
- You care about developing good quality software
- You like to discuss different software design alternatives
- You are ready for a challenge and ready to challenge us
Nice to have:
- Experience with Actor Paradigm (Akka)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- We are interested in technologies like Spark and Kafka. Experience will be appreciated
- Interest in functional programming
- 100% covered medical care
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office along the beach in Barcelona
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses