Apple Media Products (AMP) Server Engineering is looking for a world-class engineer to help develop core tooling, frameworks and technology for the analytics platform powering insights into customer experiences on products such as the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBookstore. Our stores reach hundreds of millions of customers around the world, and have revolutionised how people interact with their music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, and podcasts.
The Apple Media Products Analytics team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on petabytes of user and device generated data. To achieve this, we’re developing systems, tools and frameworks to power data processing applications operating at true cloud scale. You will be working on a small team valuing cooperation, brainstorming, with an emphasis on design and engineering excellence. We are looking for a sharp engineer who also has a keen sense of how to build good products.
You are also a team player -- ready to engage in lively design discussions, and able to give and receive constructive code reviews.
Your curiosity drives you to explore new technologies and apply creative solutions to problems. You pay close attention to details, but also keeps sight of the bigger picture.
- Experience with developing high-scale, data intensive systems and applications
- Strong competency developing on the JVM platform with Scala or Java
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with and deep understanding of modern high-scale data intensive
- Compute and storage technology, particularly but not limited to Spark, Cassandra and Kafka
- Understanding, and preferably strong hands on experience with systems programming - Multithreading, Networking (including non-blocking IO)
- Conceptual understanding of SQL
- Be an advocate and driver for performance optimisation, automation, and general good software engineering practices
- Interest and ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Critical thinking and curiosity driven, attention to detail
Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience